History of the Company

Old Missouri Mutual

Old Missouri Mutual Insurance Company was organized in 1908 as the Farmers Mutual Insurance Company of Dallas County. The Company was founded on the principle of “neighbor helping neighbor” and continues to operate on that same founding thought today as the mutual company is owned by all policyholders.

In 1990, the name of the Company changed to Old Missouri Mutual Insurance Company. In May of 2006, the management of Old Missouri Mutual was assumed by Nixa Farmers Mutual Insurance Company. The operations of the Company were moved from Buffalo Missouri to Nixa Missouri. In March of 2010, Nixa Farmers Mutual Insurance Company and Old Missouri Mutual Insurance Company consolidated operations to form one entity.

Old Missouri Mutual Insurance Company operates as a Part II Missouri Mutual Insurance Company selling a home, farm, mobile home, and rental property insurance to Missouri community members through the independent agency representatives.