In Case of a Loss
What to do if you suffer a loss:
1) Contact your agent: Notify your agent as soon as possible. If you can not reach your agent, you may email our claims department the loss information at email@example.com.
2) Write it down: Write down a detailed description of the loss and damaged items. Take photographs if necessary.
3) Contact Authorities: Contact the police in cases where laws have been broken such as theft, burglary, vandalism, or suspected arson.
4) Make necessary repairs: Make any necessary repairs to protect your property from further damage.
In the event of a water claim:
- Shut off the water source
- Remove the excess water by mopping and blotting
- Remove and/or prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks under the legs of all furniture.
- Remove rugs from wet carpeting or hardwood floors.
- Use a shop vac to remove excess water, do not use a vacuum cleaner.
- Do not turn on any electrical components in the ceiling if the water source is coming from the ceiling.
- Contact your agent immediately.
- If you can not get in contact with your agent or our company, contact a certified water restoration company to assist you in the clean-up and begin the drying process.
In the event of a livestock loss:
- Report the loss to your veterinarian, so that the cause of loss can be verified as a covered peril under your insurance policy.
- Our Company will pay for the vet report.
- Report the livestock loss to your agent within 48 hours of it occurring.
What will happen after I submit my claim?
- Acknowledgment: The claims department will contact and Acknowledge your claim within 24 hours by phone or mail.
- Assess the Damage: Either an experienced Company Adjuster or an Independent Adjuster will be assigned to assess the damage to your property.
- Determine Coverage: The adjuster will then determine where there is coverage for the damage under your policy.
- Estimate the Damage: The adjuster will estimate the damage to your property and submit a detailed estimate to you. In losses involving fire and theft, it will be necessary for us to obtain Proof of Loss from the named policyholders.