In Case of a Loss

What to do if you suffer a loss:

1) Contact your agent: Notify your agent as soon as possible. If you can not reach your agent, you may email our claims department the loss information at

2) Write it down: Write down a detailed description of the loss and damaged items. Take photographs if necessary.

3) Contact Authorities: Contact the police in cases where laws have been broken such as theft, burglary, vandalism, or suspected arson.

4) Make necessary repairs: Make any necessary repairs to protect your property from further damage.

In the event of a water claim:

  • Shut off the water source
  • Remove the excess water by mopping and blotting
  • Remove and/or prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying.
  • Place aluminum foil or wood blocks under the legs of all furniture.
  • Remove rugs from wet carpeting or hardwood floors.
  • Use a shop vac to remove excess water, do not use a vacuum cleaner.
  • Do not turn on any electrical components in the ceiling if the water source is coming from the ceiling.
  • Contact your agent immediately.
  • If you can not get in contact with your agent or our company, contact a certified water restoration company to assist you in the clean-up and begin the drying process.

In the event of a livestock loss:

  • Report the loss to your veterinarian, so that the cause of loss can be verified as a covered peril under your insurance policy.
  • Our Company will pay for the vet report.
  • Report the livestock loss to your agent within 48 hours of it occurring.

What will happen after I submit my claim?

  • Acknowledgment: The claims department will contact and Acknowledge your claim within 24 hours by phone or mail.
  • Assess the Damage: Either an experienced Company Adjuster or an Independent Adjuster will be assigned to assess the damage to your property.
  • Determine Coverage: The adjuster will then determine where there is coverage for the damage under your policy.
  • Estimate the Damage: The adjuster will estimate the damage to your property and submit a detailed estimate to you. In losses involving fire and theft, it will be necessary for us to obtain Proof of Loss from the named policyholders.